Using Talk Boost Key Stage 1 Intervention to Boost Children's Language Skills
|Course code||Keystage(s)||Presented by|
**Please use the email address for the delegate attending the course when booking a place** Lunch is not provided at the course
This course will cover:
• Developing the skills and knowledge to understand the rationale behind Talk Boost KS1
• How to identify appropriate children for the intervention, and measure their progress
• How to deliver the intervention successfully.
What is Talk Boost KS1?
Talk Boost KS1 is a highly evidenced, targeted intervention, delivered by a classroom teacher and teaching assistant. It is delivered to a small group of children (aged 4-7 years old) who have delayed language development. There is lots of evidence to show that this intervention helps to boost children's language skills to help narrow the gap between them and their peers.
We recommend that pairs of participants from a setting attend together. As part of the training, they will receive the intervention pack, which costs £500, for their school.
The intervention pack includes:
• An Intervention Manual containing detailed group session plans and resources required
• A Teacher Manual that guides teachers in selecting the right children, tracking their progress and managing the overall operation of the groups
• 12 Children’s Activity books to reinforce what has been taught in the group sessions
• Access to our Classroom Checklist, Online Tracker Tool and Child Attitude Survey to measure and analyse progress which supports Pupil Premium
• Access to the Communication Cookbook which contains fun activities to support children's language and communication.
• Talk Boost KS1 Toolkit which contains a set of musical instruments, toys, and activity materials designed to make your Talk Boost KS1 sessions even more convenient.
The cost of the first delegate will be £665 and for a second delegate the cost will be £155. The full fee includes the price of the Intervention Pack which will only be charged for once per school.
Deductions and discounts will be applied before billing.