Closing the Reading Gap: how can a whole school reading strategy be developed to ensure meaningful reading in all subject disciplines?
|Course code||Keystage(s)||Presented by|
|LIT524||KS3; KS4; Post16||
This course will cover:
• To explore how an effective whole-school reading strategy can be developed, implemented and sustained over time.
• To explore how struggling readers can be identified and best supported.
• To explore a toolkit of practical strategies to teaching reading, which can be consistently applied across the curriculum.
• To explore ways to create a reading rich curriculum across the school.
• To explore how subject disciplinary reading can be developed.
As a 'master skill', ensuring that across the curriculum students are reading in a meaningful way with fluency, accuracy and to develop knowledge is vital in terms of reducing the gap between the disadvantaged and advantaged in life. Certainly, the ability to read well is a fundamental component in successful student outcomes in all GCSE examinations.
This course is intended for teachers responsible for leading reading across the curriculum to support the development of a rigorous reading strategy in secondary schools that will engender mastery of these skills.
A key focus in this course will be on how subject disciplinary reading can be best developed. Another important element will be how an effective supplementary tutor time programme can support students' reading development.
Book 3 get the 4th for FREE
This offer applies to full day Secondary specific courses for English, Maths, Science and Learning and Teaching which are marked as such.
Network meetings and Senior Leader briefings are NOT included in this offer. The discount will be applied at the point the fourth place or course from your school is booked. This offer runs through the academic year 2021-22 only.
To take advantage of this offer please email email@example.com with the four courses and delegate names and we will discount the fourth place.
This offer can be multiplied i.e. book 8 get 2 free etc.