Improving Writing Across the Curriculum: Planning, drafting, composing and editing
|Course code||Keystage(s)||Presented by|
|LIT529||KS3; KS4; Post16||
This course will cover:
• To understand how to support teachers to explicitly teach the different phases of the writing cycle in their subject discipline.
• To understand how to support teachers to explicitly model writing in their subject discipline.
• To understand how metacognitive strategies can be used to improve writing.
• To explore how exploratory talk can be used to improve writing.
• To explore how grammatical knowledge and specifically knowledge about different sentence structures can improve the quality of student writing.
This course seeks to support schools and literacy leaders who are looking to improve their writing outcomes across the curriculum with a focus on subject disciplinary literacy for the planning stage of writing through to composition, drafting and editing.
Book 3 get the 4th for FREE
This offer applies to full day Secondary specific courses for English, Maths, Science and Learning and Teaching which are marked as such.
Network meetings and Senior Leader briefings are NOT included in this offer. The discount will be applied at the point the fourth place or course from your school is booked. This offer runs through the academic year 2021-22 only.
To take advantage of this offer please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the four courses and delegate names and we will discount the fourth place.
This offer can be multiplied i.e. book 8 get 2 free etc.