Compulsory Induction Session and Safeguarding Basic Awareness - Level 1 - Online
|Course code||Keystage(s)||Presented by|
|LTA109||Birth To Three; Foundation; KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4; Post16||
PLEASE NOTE: NON ATTENDANCE WILL RESULT IN A CHARGE OF £25.00 BEING CHARGED TO YOU
This online course will include a short induction briefing followed by a Safeguarding Basic Awareness session.
Induction: This briefing will include:
• A general introduction to working in Lancashire
• An overview of the wide range of Professional Development opportunities that are available to LTA staff, eligibility and how to apply.
• Information on Lancashire resources that have been made available to LTA staff and access details.
Safeguarding – Level 1 (compulsory for all teachers who have never received this training or those who have not had appropriate safeguarding training for 3 years)
As far as schools and staff are concerned, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children has never had a higher profile. 'Safeguarding' is now a limiting judgement for Ofsted and it is a statutory requirement for all staff in schools to update their safeguarding training every three years.
It is imperative that all staff in schools are clear about their role and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils. Moreover, it is essential that they have a clear understanding of the broader safeguarding agenda, how it relates to and differs from 'child protection', who does what and when, what to look for etc.
The safeguarding training on offer is Level 1 Basic Awareness training. The learning outcomes for attendees are as follows:
• Understand 'safeguarding' and 'child protection'
• Clarify roles and responsibilities in school
• Implications for supply staff
• Identify possible signs and symptoms of abuse
• Consider possible barriers and pitfalls identified by research
• Explore guidance for safer working practice
Certificates of attendance for Induction & Safeguarding will be sent via email to all attendees along with online links to support materials & resources.
This course is available to anyone who requires Level 1 safeguarding training, however if you are employed via a school and not the Lancashire Teaching Agency, a charge of £60 will be applied to the delegate attending'
To access the session, a login and password will be sent to each participant with additional guidance and support for logging in. Meeting will take place online. Joining information will be emailed to delegates beforehand.