Becoming a decisive decision maker - having the courage of your convictions
|Course code||Keystage(s)||Presented by|
|MAN121||Foundation; KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4; Post16||
This course will cover:
• Learn the science of how and why we make the decisions that we do (lessons from business, aviation, military and sport and to make more effective decisions)
• Learn about in the moment decision making versus strategic decision making and the role of 'context' which shapes our decision making
• Learn about first and second order thinking in order to make brilliant strategic decisions
• Learn about the role that cognitive biases play and which ones you may be more susceptible to when making decisions
• Learn how to make decisive, committed and well thought out decisions when you need to most
This course will equip you with a framework to make better decisions - decision making is a skill we can all get better at. Most people don’t understand how they make decisions, let alone have a framework which they can make decisions from. This course will help you to become more 'process' focused in your decision making.
This course is led by Dr Mike Rotheram who is a Registered Performance Psychologist who works in elite sport, education, business and health. He has supported teams through 5 Olympic cycles, and currently works with the England Institute of Sport. Visit www.performance-mind.co.uk for more information.