Secondary ECT Network Meetings
|Course code||Keystage(s)||Presented by|
These termly network meetings are provided as part of the induction support for secondary ECTs provided by Lancashire.
They are designed to provide an opportunity to meet other ECTs and share experiences and good ideas. Each session is planned around a theme and will be led by a teaching and learning consultant
The sessions are repeated in 2 locations each term to make them accessible to as many ECTs as possible.
Autumn Term 2021:Teaching higher and lower attainers - Andrew Pearson
•To explore the methods used to ensure lower prior attainers and higher prior attainers are catered for when lesson planning
•To develop strategies that use information gathered during formative and summative assessment that impact on short and medium term planning
•To allow delegates time to explore learning and teaching strategies suited to lower and higher prior attainers.
This training will address the latest research outlining the need to pitch lessons to the top of the ability range. Then how to respond and adapt teaching through scaffolding and support techniques as students develop their learning.
Spring Term 2022: Meta Cognition Theory - Helping Students Evaluate Their Learning - Andy Pearson
• To explore how to explicitly teach metacognitive strategies including how to plan, monitor and evaluate their own learning
• How to model your own thinking to help students develop their skills
• How to teach students to organise and effectively manage their learning, independently
This training will address the latest research outlining the benefits of metacognition theory and its significant impact on enabling students to evaluate plan, monitor and evaluate their own learning. This is an evidence backed area of education believed to have multiple benefits to students learning across the curriculum.
Summer Term 2022: Developing Effective Questioning - Helen Monaghan
• Consider differentiation and adaptive teaching strategies
• Broadening the teacher's toolkit to support progression and student progress
• Discuss practical and manageable ideas for differentiating and adaptive teaching
There is no charge to schools for ECT attendance but places need to be booked in advance.
PLEASE NOTE: NON ATTENDANCE WILL RESULT IN THE FULL COST OF THE COURSE BEING CHARGED.