An Introduction to PIVATS 5
|Course code||Keystage(s)||Presented by|
**Please use the email address for the delegate attending the course when booking a place**
• To consider how PIVATS 5 sits with the current assessment agenda (this will include an overview of the appropriate OFSTED grade descriptors)
• To have an overview of the rationale for PIVATS 5
• To consider how PIVATS 5 can be used to assess progress and inform learning for children with SEND who are attaining well below their age related expectations in
• Speaking and Listening
• To have an overview of the latest PIVATS support materials
• To have an overview of the PIVATS tracker
This course will explore how PIVATS can be used to measure the progress of children who are well behind age related expectations due to additional needs/SEND.
It will consider how to set high value targets to help close gaps in learning to improve outcomes for children. There will be opportunities to consider how to adapt planning and provision to ensure the needs of these children are being met within whole class provision as well as in interventions.