Teaching PSHE Education (including RSHE) for the First Time
|Course code||Keystage(s)||Presented by|
|PSE420||KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4||
**Please use the email address for the delegate attending the course when booking a place**
These meetings are included in the SLA, standard LPDS charges apply to non-SLA schools (21 day cancellation policy). Non-attendance on the day will incur a charge of the full course fee.
• How to establish a safe learning environment for pupils and staff
• Exploring how personal values may impact upon the teaching of this subject
• Develop the confidence and skills to deliver this subject effectively, especially aspects requiring sensitive handling
• How to select a range of resources produced by or quality assured by the PSHE Association
• Consideration of different ways to assess PSHE Education to demonstrate individual progress
This course is intended for NQT's and class teachers who wish to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to teach PSHE to prepare children and young people for life in the 21st century. This course is intentionally aimed at both primary and secondary staff to benefit from the insight into what is covered in each phase whilst meeting phase specific requirements.